Register an Account Image - Join our Discord Server Image

Have any questions? Need help with something? Contact us on Discord or check out our Help Forums.

Announcement: We have updated our multiple accounts policy. Please read here and submit the required information if your household plays on more than one account.

Donations are always welcome and help us with the upkeep of the server. Click click here to donate.

we have now added donorbox for those of you who cant use PayPal too. Thank you!

Help us stay #1 and vote for us Here and Come Join Us on Twitter

Interest/Price Check on Plague Strike Pets

Ingame Trade and Price Check Listings for the New Alderaan Galaxy
tylerpol
Flight Officer
United States of America

Interest/Price Check on Plague Strike Pets

Post by tylerpol » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:06 pm

I've been experimenting with level 30-40 Plague strike BE pets for the past few days, with the idea being that you could have two out at once and get two applications of plague strike. I've found a few different DNA "recipes" that gives results like the three screens attached:

Basically, these are lower HAM, capped kinetic resist, no armor pets with Plague Strike (disease AoE DoT). The damage isn't as high as I've seen some higher level pets, but a MCH could have two of these, each with intim and a disease DoT, rather than one pet that can only apply one DoT. The main use case here would be applying the diseases to high HAM, high resist mobs - not for tanking or direct damage.

I'm mainly curious if there is even any interest in this kind of thing. I see a lot of CL60-something pets on vendors that look like someone just threw a bunch of Rancor DNA together and they charge 1 mill, so I'm also curious how much something that's more specialized like this might go for.

Last question - I should also be able to put together more or less the same kind of pets, but with Strong Disease as Special Attack 1 instead of intimidate, would that change interest or pricing at all?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by tylerpol on Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

tylerpol
Flight Officer
United States of America

Re: Interest/Price Check on Plague Strike Pets

Post by tylerpol » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:32 pm

Just loaded a bunch of Plague Strike and Strong Disease pets with high damage on to the vendor for 350-500k. Shop is located at /way 1148, 6155 on Naboo, just west of Aldea! :D

I have a lot of higher CL ones with higher damage for 350-400k, like this one:

I also have what hopefully is a really good option for MCH, CL35 plague strike and strong disease high kinetic resist. The CL means that at MCH you can have two out at once and get the DoTs applied from each :D
These take a TON of work, it involves getting DNA from 3 different planets and two generations of pet sampling, and not every assembly gives both special attacks - so they're priced a bit higher at 500k.

I also do custom orders and tanky-er pets too, so just let me know if you have an interest in something that isn't currently stocked!

tylerpol
Flight Officer
United States of America

Post by tylerpol » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:07 pm

Welp, looks like the 200-500k price range wasn't great since I didn't sell any :/

I dropped the prices pretty significantly, so they should mostly be between 100k and 250k now. I'll also be putting up some Poison Spray/Strong Poison pets up later this week.

Have fun!

Xordium
Senior Captain
Great Britain

Post by Xordium » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:46 pm

I think the problem is that these are far from optimised. I know it is a learning thing but the to hit is half of what I get, your dots are under 1/2 of what I get, you've arguably put the wrong specials on there, your kinetic resist are mostly not capped, and your HAM is quarter of what I get, and you've got no armour.

I struggle to sell 17k HAM, 60% kinetic and 60% energy resists with capped damage, ranged attack, the specials you need, and light armour.

I don't want to put you off keep at it - refine your ideas but I also would hate to see you waste time thinking there is a goldmine at the end because there isn't. If you want to make money with BE on this server add in Chef.

But I get the pain because I can tell what you've used here and you've had a lot of crawling and likely got dotted to hell to make these and I get it is frustrating for what is a lot of work. But it doesn't look like it was too bad and from the looks of it maybe just Endor and some Mantigrue Screecher and Merek Harvester so you haven't burned through hard to get DNA.

edit: I would also say if you want to sell pets you really need to know what you are on about etc. There are a fair few CHs here so there is a market but they have largely got what they want until the devs add in new things. Selling pets though is not just about being a BE it's about being a damn good CH and constantly fielding questions from people. Explaining core mechanics. Fixing macros. Constant advertising and answering peoples' questions correctly. So you may want to have a look at doing something like that. Have you tested those pets for example? What could be better? Where do they work where do they not work? I am quite clear what my pets do what they don't etc. As I am a CH first the pets are designed for a job and to fulfil a function. I don't sell what I haven't tested. As things stand here where exactly do you see your pets working etc? What is the purpose for them? As a CH I can't see a use for them - so you need to tell me why I would need to use the pets. You are right there is a load of stuff on the bazaar that has been slapped together and it doesn't sell. What does sell is thought through stuff that is explained etc.

tylerpol
Flight Officer
United States of America

Post by tylerpol » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:41 pm

My intent in making these was to have multiple pets out at once, which is why the levels range from 35-40. Are you saying you get ~700-900 damage at levels 35-40? I've never heard of a level 35-40 pet with 17k HAM, 60% kinetic/energy, armor, and 800~ damage. I've seen plenty of pets with similar stats that are level 70-75 though. It seems like you're assuming I said "this is the most any one pet can have for stats" and then I made these. I was really trying to see what I could make within a CL range that still allows two pets to be out at the same time, which is something I mentioned a few times across these posts - I wasn't sure if that was something people actually wanted, so I figured I would post an interest/price check with stats from what I was able to put together. I'm perfectly aware that stats on a single pet can be much higher than these mid-CL pets.

I could pretty easily make a level capped pet with twice as much damage, higher resists, better HAM, and light armor, but then you couldn't have say, one PS/SD pet out with another that has poison spray/strong poison, which is what I was targeting with these pets.

Xordium
Senior Captain
Great Britain

Post by Xordium » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:09 am

My advice again is to actually test what you make. Then you will see why any CH who reads that last post won't be buying what you are selling unless they are brand new and haven't got a clue either.

tylerpol
Flight Officer
United States of America

Post by tylerpol » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:42 am

Lol, no shit. It was literally a price/interest check. I'm asking all and only because I do not know the value or interest in this particular stat combo lol. Holy shit. I'm not sure why you're acting like this was some used car dealership advertisement in which I pushed a product on people.

Thanks for the heads up on them not having much value, but I'm not sure why you're getting bitchy and bent out of shape about a voluntary response you posted to a damn interest check. Again man, it's literally an interest check. Believe it or not, people actually can enjoy playing games and don't just look at them as some gen z min/max optimization conquest all the time. It's possible I just had fun trying to target a specific CL and I want to see if it was valuable and didn't want to ground out MCH to determine if that was actually the case. But hey, if telling people that they "don't have a clue" when they ask an open question on the forum for a retro version of a star wars game on a private server makes you feel good about yourself, you could probably use self-esteem boost anyway lol.

Good luck to you, hope you make some friends lol.

Xordium
Senior Captain
Great Britain

Post by Xordium » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:48 am

Oh sorry I thought everyone else was just throwing stuff together and for you it would be easy ...

But as you failed to notice:

Strong disease is 60% dot strength
Poison Spray doesn't even work
4k HAM will die in 2 hits
0.2 to-hit won't ever land anything.

I thought I would help and offer some advice. But as you got your knickers in a twist I'll bow out. Have fun making stuff.

tylerpol
Flight Officer
United States of America

Post by tylerpol » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:56 am

I always find it interesting how jerks act when someone calls them out for acting like a jerk - it's always the same reaction. They can't believe someone could possibly point out their behavior and they start firing off insults about how poorly they are being treated lol. Our president in the US tries to pull that one all the time, though I think it's generalizable as just being one of those toxic masculinity things.

It was just an interest check and you posted a bunch of bitchy comments about how terrible they were. I did nothing wrong to you, yet you're incredulous and angry that someone could possibly spend time making a sub-optimal craftable item. The post was literally asking for information and you gave it (so thanks!), but I can't fathom how any person could possibly be upset about this sort of thing.

Hopefully you treat your family and friends better than someone asking a question about a video game lol ;)