Register an Account Image - Join our Discord Server Image

Have any questions? Need help with something? Contact us on Discord or check out our Help Forums.

Announcement: We have updated our multiple accounts policy. Please read here and submit the required information if your household plays on more than one account.

Donations are always welcome and help us with the upkeep of the server. Click click here to donate.

we have now added donorbox for those of you who cant use PayPal too. Thank you!

Help us stay #1 and vote for us Here and Come Join Us on Twitter

Chapter 1.3 Testing

Test Server Information & what needs currently testing
Dutstra
Flight Officer
Great Britain

Re: Chapter 1.3 Testing

Post by Dutstra » Thu May 28, 2020 9:45 pm

I am not implying that they should be a meta, just in my opinion if a BH can have assists from 1 or more, currently projected to be capped at 2 per mission. They should be balanced respective of this. Jedi peak, their LS will only get small improvements over time and the likes of which depend on resource spawns.

We cannot as a Jedi benefit from exceptional/legendary drops like all other combat classes can. Our lightsabers do not have a chance at having a dot roll upon crafting etc. Our current abilites are poorly tweaked such as force armor being ineffective etc

Looking at it from this perspective may be wrong but in my opinion when you have a pistol/lance/sword or even LLC that can hit a target with enough damage to almost 2 shot someone it does come across as an imbalance in some respect. Look for example at the recent auction on the forums at the mailoc drop, imagine the damage weapon that is going to craft. Yet SR have form my understanding gated T21's damae due to the OP'ness it can bring for rifleman.

The patch notes on this thread have several iterations and multiple edits on each. I am lost as to which one is currently on the TC. I would log the TC more but the people I play/played with have all given up hope on SR emu due to the recent disabled content and instability that has been experienced. They may return yet but only time will tell.

I am simple voicing an opinion and my opinion may vary from others and may be wrong in many ways. However this is a public domain.

Skyyr
Lieutenant
Ukraine

Post by Skyyr » Thu May 28, 2020 10:33 pm

Dutstra wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:45 pm
I am not implying that they should be a meta, just in my opinion if a BH can have assists from 1 or more, currently projected to be capped at 2 per mission. They should be balanced respective of this. Jedi peak, their LS will only get small improvements over time and the likes of which depend on resource spawns.

We cannot as a Jedi benefit from exceptional/legendary drops like all other combat classes can. Our lightsabers do not have a chance at having a dot roll upon crafting etc. Our current abilites are poorly tweaked such as force armor being ineffective etc

Looking at it from this perspective may be wrong but in my opinion when you have a pistol/lance/sword or even LLC that can hit a target with enough damage to almost 2 shot someone it does come across as an imbalance in some respect. Look for example at the recent auction on the forums at the mailoc drop, imagine the damage weapon that is going to craft. Yet SR have form my understanding gated T21's damae due to the OP'ness it can bring for rifleman.

The patch notes on this thread have several iterations and multiple edits on each. I am lost as to which one is currently on the TC. I would log the TC more but the people I play/played with have all given up hope on SR emu due to the recent disabled content and instability that has been experienced. They may return yet but only time will tell.

I am simple voicing an opinion and my opinion may vary from others and may be wrong in many ways. However this is a public domain.
You bring up some good points.

I believe that Exceptional and Legendary lightsaber components (i.e. crystals, pearls, geodes, etc.) should probably exist. Well, they technically do, but I don't think the Exceptional or Legendary roll adds to their tuning potential. I believe this is a potential change that could be made. The same goes for crystals.

That said, I've yet to see a single pistol that will genuinely two-shot a Jedi. That's more of a myth than anything. Now, are there pistols, that when powered-up, and a Jedi is KD'd, without a saber equipped or with saberblock down, without any damage mitigating food, that might be capable of incapacitating a Jedi with two good back-to-back damage rolls? Yes. But that's very different from a pistol that can routinely two-shot a Jedi. I have a DE-10 that PuPs just shy of 750 and I've never come close to two-shotting a Jedi or anyone wearing PvP armor.

I've also yet to see a two-hit lance. I'm sure those can exist, but they're in no way whatsoever common. They would also largely be from loot drops, so once again, completely rare.

An amazing LLC (1.4k+) might be able to consistently two-shot a Jedi given the scenario I outlined above, but there is no such LLC (short of a legendary or exceptional drop) that can do that on any kind of regular basis in regular PvP scenarios. And a 1.4k LLC is incredibly rare. I bet there's less than 3 on the entire server.

I believe damage vs Jedi is fine for ranged, if not biased in favor of the Jedi. Melee does need to be reviewed overall (more on that in a second), but it's not very overpowered.

What is overpowered is intimidate. I feel that intimidate shouldn't work against non-melee weapon wielders (for clarification, Jedi wield lightsabers, not traditional melee weapons). Scaring someone won't cause a blaster bolt or pistol round to do less damage, nor will it cause a lightsaber to cut less. For what it is, it's very overpowered and too spammable.

This isn't just a Jedi problem either. This is Star Wars and you should see blaster bolts flying everywhere. Instead, we see power hammers, VKs, and stun batons. Why? Because melee defense stackers dominate PvP. Ranged, on its own, is massively inferior, largely due to the defenses melee professions receive when combined with intimidate. Removing (or reducing) the damage-reduction effects of intimidate vs non-melee wielders would open up PvP to ranged professions and subsequently address the issue with melee defense stackers vs Jedi.

The other issue is PSGs. I believe PSGs SHOULD have some sort of lightsaber resists. What I don't believe is that every profession that picks one up should be able to tank a Jedi. The current problem is that ranged BHs can't tank Jedi, even with PSGs (yes, you technically can if you spam food, but that's the food working here, not the template or skills). So, if you reduce PSGs from where they are, then BHs would get 2-3 shot routinely. However, if you keep PSGs where they are at now, then melee professions can combine them with their own toughness and it becomes an hour-long tanking contest. This is the imbalance. Professions intended to fight Jedi (TKMs and BHs) should have some sort of lightsaber toughness or armor that allows them to do so, without being able to combine them with PSGs that make them untouchable.

I feel like these are the core problems. It's not Jedi or BH, it's largely the melee gameplay mechanics that exacerbate the issues at hand. What I would like to see is Jedi becoming a graceful tactician, having tools to defend against everything... when played well and properly. This goes in line with canon. What I don't want to see is Jedi being boosted so much that it becomes an alpha class, while also having existing, major gamebreaking mechanics ignored overall. Melee mechanics vs ranged has always been a point of contention and Jedi suffers because of the lack of balancing it never received.

That's my .02

srami
Flight Officer
Great Britain

Post by srami » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:47 am

Any further update or time scale on the release of the patch given we are now in june?