Register an Account Image - Join our Discord Server Image

Have any questions? Need help with something? Contact us on Discord or check out our Help Forums.

Announcement: We have updated our multiple accounts policy. Please read here and submit the required information if your household plays on more than one account.

Donations are always welcome and help us with the upkeep of the server. Click click here to donate.

we have now added donorbox for those of you who cant use PayPal too. Thank you!

Help us stay #1 and vote for us Here and Come Join Us on Twitter

Chapter 1.3 Testing

Test Server Information & what needs currently testing
Cozdragon
CC Admin
Egypt

Re: Chapter 1.3 Testing

Post by Cozdragon » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:02 pm

As the community manager here I would like to make a couple of points.

Here at SR you have the most dedicated team of developers I've ever seen on an SWG server. They give, free of charge, a lot of time and experience to the project here.

The purpose of test is just that...to test ideas out. Some of them make it, some of them are amended, and some of them don't. If you have something constructive that you can say after going on test and trying things out, please share your experience and back it up with why it won't work/ what is so different from your live experience.

One of the reasons that I joined and have chosen to remain on this server is the fact that they do listen to sound reason and experience...something that other dev teams on other servers do not always do. You choose to play here because what we've done so far has given you joy, interest, and excitement, so please have some faith in a team that work so hard for you all. We listened to the community to get where we are now, and we will continue to listen as we move forward into the future.

Coz

stsh10
Ensign
United States of America

Post by stsh10 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:27 pm

At the end of the day there is no reason a jedi should not lose to a BH 1 v 1. This is NOT "the movies", it is a video game and Jedi is a class just as Bio-Engineer or Pistoleer is. You're choosing it and all the things that come inherently with it. Some of you will not stop crying until your jedi are invincible. The amount of vitriol for those who chose to play Bounty Hunters as their style of game play is absurd. Do you hate people who want to play Creature Handler? I get it, people playing Bounty Hunter impacts you playing your jedi, that's the difference however, I'll point you back to my earlier statement that choosing jedi is a choice. There are plenty of great professions in this game.

Jedi already have the ability to dictate when and how fights happen with FR2 and private structures, why change more?

The 3 hour cool down on visability seems like an easily exploitable mechanic. I would advise against making such a change.

I ground a jedi to full template a week after perma-death ended in seclusion and was only on the terminals 2-3 times. It's possible if you're willing to be smart about how you play the game. You guys want to grind rancor missions on Dathomir with impunity give me a break.

srami
Flight Officer
Great Britain

Post by srami » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:13 pm

We as the "user" naturally don't see the development life cycle of any "product". However I think the "context" of the proposed changes is missing which is raising eyebrows naturally.

I'm sure there is context behind the changes, from the development team and we as users can do the best by testing these for the team as Coz says. But a naturally development, release, plan, cycle putting such changes into context would stop the eyebrows from being raised.

Dutstra
Flight Officer
Great Britain

Post by Dutstra » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:55 pm

We're not shooting down the planned changes because they're impacting Jedi directly, the issue in my mind is 1v1 jedi v BH is a close call currently. It is fairly balanced. I fully understand certain BH will end my jedi instantly and others will not. This is down to template choice.

The argument here is if you make one branch so strong it will become a cookie cutter and be the only viable template for BH. You will see no variety and this will reflect in Jedi that they will have to all run a build that counters the BH's rendering 3 of the master boxes completely useless in a PvP respect.

No jedi is immortal, simple. They will die eventually if played well. It is the nature of the profession. You will also see a lot less Jedi online and therefor less BH. BH have the option to hunt in groups of 3+. Use that mechanic an make 1v1 hard, not impossible, 2v1 a challenege etc

Sereya
Commander
United States of America

Post by Sereya » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:17 pm

Tested the intim changes versus my MDEF with some add'l def v intim (+20 def vs intim, +89 jedi state def), just out of curiosity. Results below. I was using intim1 (though I don't think there's a difference between chance to stick with intim1 vs intim2, but I could be wrong):
  • 100 applications: 42% successful application rate
And for a baseline, here's the results of 100 applications versus a tkm (0 def vs intim, no jedi state def):
  • 100 applications: 78% successful application rate
Seems like it's "working as intended" with jedi state def in these changes insofar as it does make it harder to apply, but not in a way that changes gameplay dramatically.

I tried against a non-jedi with +75 def v. intim (which is getting close to the max you can stack with skills and tapes):
  • 100 applications: 40% successful application rate
Obviously this isn't a comprehensive data set, but it seems like this is a positive - and not dramatic - change. Thumbs up!

Literacy
Midshipman
United States of America

Post by Literacy » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:49 pm

Maybe an explanation of changes would help us better understand the intent behind some of these? The BH changes, in a vacuum, make sense. The swordsman changes, less so. Some elaboration would be great.

Nexxus
Midshipman
United States of America

Post by Nexxus » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:51 pm

Just wanted to put in a note here that the combat balance shown is just the first steps. Jedi are and will be receiving balancing changes as well as other non Jedi areas. All changes will be made on a larger picture plan to bring more professions into a balanced place and promote more viable templates and more fun gameplay while staying true to SWG mechanics.

srami
Flight Officer
Great Britain

Post by srami » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:54 pm

Nexxus wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:51 pm
Just wanted to put in a note here that the combat balance shown is just the first steps. Jedi are and will be receiving balancing changes as well as other non Jedi areas. All changes will be made on a larger picture plan to bring more professions into a balanced place and promote more viable templates and more fun gameplay while staying true to SWG mechanics.
Cheers for making this statement. A fair few of us 'assumed' as much as it was part of a greater and wider implementation plan.

These make a lot more sense given this is a small snippet of the bigger picture.

Elyor
Midshipman
Great Britain

Post by Elyor » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:57 pm

Not really understanding the BH LLC changes, there are already multiple BH's 2-3 hitting Jedi for 1000-2000 with LLC's. The balance changes need to be explained on what they are being balanced around. 1v1 or group PvP because if it is being balanced around 1v1 then why should 3 people be allowed the mission as Jedi would not stand a chance. But still some interesting changes :)

Sereya
Commander
United States of America

Post by Sereya » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:34 am

An additional comment on the swordsman buff:

"Swordsman:
Two Handed Melee Area Hit 3:
Increased chance to land Dizzy state to 85% from 30.
Two Handed Melee Hit 3:
Increased chance to land Dizzy state to 75% from 50."

From my perspective, there's very little justification for this. Perhaps the sole (and small) reason for someone to go pikes over swords is the AoE abilities; now swords would have a mass dizzy/PD via 2hmeleearea3. Of all the professions in the game, swords might be the least in need of buffs.