Register an Account Image - Join our Discord Server Image

Have any questions? Need help with something? Contact us on Discord or check out our Help Forums.

Announcement: We have updated our multiple accounts policy. Please read here and submit the required information if your household plays on more than one account.

Donations are always welcome and help us with the upkeep of the server. Click click here to donate.

we have now added donorbox for those of you who cant use PayPal too. Thank you!

Help us stay #1 and vote for us Here and Come Join Us on Twitter

Chapter 1.3 Testing

Test Server Information & what needs currently testing
srami
Flight Officer
Great Britain

Re: Chapter 1.3 Testing

Post by srami » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:35 pm

After conducting 3 test sessions with friends these are my opinions and conclusion on the Jedi changes;

Saber block

This is a good change for NONE MDEF profession but i believe this could already just add even more power to a already powerful enough template able to hold its own if played well against 2-3 BHs (MLS/MDEF). The change is excellent in helping enhancers, powers and healers becoming viable however combined with the MDEF it appears to be that approx 2-3 shot get through out of 10. Now combine that with the MDEF tree as it stands, i believe that this could just promote even MORE meta MLS/MDEF combo.

The solution to this would be reduce the added melee and range mitigation stats added to the MDEF tree including the extra LS toughness that SR Server added back in the stone age. This means WHEN the BH get through the block its a lot more punishing for the MDEF

FA2

I think this is probably the best change. I have tested MPowers, Mhealers and MEhn with FA2. It is still subpar in terms of defenses in comparison to MDEF however it definitely is a massive change and played correctly more than viable with the testing I have conducted. FA2 cant face tank and has ALOT more success vs range, but it wont favor long battles and ganking given it a more rock paper scissors, rather than MDEF face tank and star wars kid swinging.

FA Resists

Compared this to x x x 4 in the MDEF tree. It would appear that intimidated stuck a lot easier than it did with the MDEF tree. States were slightly easier to apply in the x x 4 x ENH tree with full +25 tapes, however the difference was negligible. End of the day these shouldn't be as tanky as MDEF. The changes are a lot better and only prolonged testing would really prove if this works long term.

This is just my opinion on it, and its just some feedback for the devs and some thoughts. Hope it helps

Jeremiah87
Commander
United States of America

Post by Jeremiah87 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:28 pm

Are you saying MLS/MDEF holds it own against 2-3 BH's currently? I'd like to see which Jedi you are talking about, because in PVP(Non BH), almost every jedi hasn't been MDEF since around the same time AI was nerfed and ranged BH gank groups came to prominence, and almost every jedi or the majority of ones I have BH'd, as well as others, are running something like MLS/4xx4 or 44xx def, 4xx4 heals, 4xx4, ench, with some sort of intimidate weaved in by dropping some of those points, there is simply not enough points to get all the different utility abilities a jedi needs to counter being swamped bhs, or cms, people also seem to forget that BH's weapons and gear always has the potential to improve more and more(exceptional tissues/bones/glands/dot weapons), while a jedi has the same lightsaber that might be pushed up a few damage points, the same tapes/clothing.

FA 2

I love the change, but I'd have to disagree and say it is viable as a support template in group pvp, (Mheals, or Mpowers) but only if played smartly, because you can 0 a jedi's force quite easily still, we've tested it vs several bh templates used solo, or 2vs1, and the jedi was running dry in 5 minutes or less against multiple BH's, so during pvp it would last a couple minutes if your lucky, so I would suggest that it is still not where it should be, the damage it absorbs is only 25% and 45%, depending on which armor, so it is still easy to kill through it,I would prefer to see the force cost per damage absorbed buffed more on test to try and get it more viable in PVP.

The resists in enhancer were not all buffed, just state def, so they are not too shabby, definitely weaker than MDEF or xxx4 state def.

I'm still not sure why MDEF still gets mentioned so much, because I rarely see it used anymore, like it used to be.

srami
Flight Officer
Great Britain

Post by srami » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:43 pm

I must admit I found with the testing I conducted that the changes were good enough without completely breaking the game and giving the class a massive edge over others. The class is not alpha in this game and nor should it be. It's a MMO so it needs to be a rock paper scissors approach, nor is any game perfect.

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought tempo was MDEF / MLS and iv seen him do 3 v 1s. Nonetheless i have seen him do 2 and 3 v 1 on multiple occasions regardless of his spec very successfully.

Nonetheless I like the changes they are excellent in my opinion and these must be incremental and pushed live for more results to be conclusive :). The devs are doing an excellent job.

RIPGorath
Mission Commander
Canada

Re: Chapter 1.3 Testing - April 15th, 2020

Post by RIPGorath » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:15 am

srami wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:01 pm
Tyclo wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:10 am
[*]Jedi Lightsaber:
  • Saber One Handed Combo Hit 3:
    • Removed posture down state from ability.
  • Saber One Handed Flurry 2:
    • Increased damage multiplier to 4.25 from 4.0.
  • Saber Two Handed Body Hit 3:
    • Increased damage multiplier to 2.75 from 2.25.
  • Saber Two Handed Phantom Attack:
    • Increased damage multiplier to 4.75 from 4.5.
  • Saber Polearm Dervish 2:
    • Increased damage multiplier to 4.75 from 4.5.
  • Saber Polearm Leg Hit 3:
    • Increased damage multiplier to 2.75 from 2.25.
Just a quick one reference these changes. As it stands I don't think anyone uses Saber Two handed for any purpose in the game (its pretty much dead tree as it was in live). Now, given the amount of work you guys do and the PRIORITY list you must have this will be pretty far down their, but keeping with star wars lore, in future iterations is there any plans to make two handed sabers more viable or on par with double-bladed? Ie make them pretty much match identical in outputs and speeds. You cant do this with one handed because of the targeted mind pool and the speed and it would create HUGE balance issues, but im sure the community would Definitely welcome a like-for-like on saber two handed / saber polearm.

Just a suggestion and pretty low on the priorty list for what is in future implementation, but maybe food for thought.
The only thing I dislike about 2h is the animation for phantom, I like the frenzy a lot. I even like the stance and auto attack moves, just cant get over the phantom attack :lol:

RIPGorath
Mission Commander
Canada

Post by RIPGorath » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:44 am

I been testing just what I've been doing on live, DJM, Elders. Using same saber on test as I would on live, doing PvE stuff with a 2nd gen and eating wafers all day with FA2 and states/bleed resist and leg hit3 since the boost is nice. The boost to dervish/flurry2 is noticeable, frequent 6k+ kd hits now when i'd actually use them just to see, but i wanted to keep it to what id use on live in each situation. I tried MLS, Menh, 4xx4 heals Novice Defender and...... Brawler (god I actually did what I actually despise lol) I think the FA changes make it more usable, it's never gonna be free, would be nice, but it's gotta cost something. For me with absorb2 against a DJM I'd usually end the fight full force, against an Elder with not as many force attacks id be about 1/6th gone, don't need to heal and the states fall off decently fast enough, don't have to worry about them, as long as they play nice and stay on there backs that is. States are at 40 I believe, I'd bump that to 50 just to make it an even doubling, poison/disease/bleed still at 25% resist/absorb, I'd go 50 too. That's just my 2 cents on the Jedi stuff.

As for the polearm stuff, on live the hit3 modifier was 4.0, don't know why it's so low here, even boosting it is not enough, shouldn't it be be boosted to 4.5x, not 3x ? And there are no area3 or spin3 moves, was that a typo :lol:

Can Block block 100% now since the hits are so weak then if not boosting to 4.5x ?

PS - I looted an action fire 400 dot carb off a DJM as well, stuck on TC forever!!! :cry:
Last edited by RIPGorath on Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sereya
Commander
United States of America

Post by Sereya » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:53 am

I'm struggling a bit with the combination of the saber block buff and the FA2 buff. I completely agree with the objective of making FA2 a viable option to create some diversity in builds, but I find that in practice these changes may have effectively eliminated ranged non-jedi toons in GCW or in BH/jedi.

From my perspective, the problem comes from the combined effect of LS toughness, jedi toughness, and FA2 damage reduction. If you run MLS and a few lines of Defender, you can get some pretty gnarly levels of toughness v ranged attacks. This toughness drops the damage you receive before FA2 mitigation, so if you are running FA2 and have high toughness the force cost is very small, particularly when coupled with the upgraded saber block.

In practice, using certain templates, you can pretty much nullify all ranged damage. Happy to hop on test anytime and show the staff how this works versus a couple toons with high damage ranged weapons.

I don't have an effective fix for this, unfortunately. My only suggestion is that in light of the increases to saber block, I think the added stuff in the defender tree (+12 total LS toughness, melee and ranged mitigation 1) could be nixed to create a more balanced situation for non-jedi.

RIPGorath
Mission Commander
Canada

Post by RIPGorath » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:32 am

LS toughness is only for melee attacks

Sereya
Commander
United States of America

Post by Sereya » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:13 pm

I know - I should have phrased that better. Saber block + jedi toughness + ranged mit 1 + FA2 is the combo I was referencing for ranged attacks. And LS toughness + jedi toughness + melee mit 1 + FA2 for melee attacks.

RIPGorath
Mission Commander
Canada

Post by RIPGorath » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:14 pm

Well, to get FA2, 21 Jedi toughness + ranged mit and max saber block, heal all2, heal states, meditate, 50 state defense, leaves only fr1 and no intim or melee defense line with a depleted regen and max force pool and 3 left over points. Could give up meditate and drain for fr2, but then you'd lose drain which I think we be a very handy ability with all the variety builds that will be coming up with all the improvements to Healers and Enhancers, could give up the 50 state defense and get the Enhancer resists which are lesser atm and then you'd lose more jedi and LS toughness. Everything is spread out enough so that you can't get all the best stuff I feel.

Sereya
Commander
United States of America

Post by Sereya » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:36 pm

Yeah, it's absolutely true that such tradeoffs exist, but my comments are specific to the balance between jedi toons and non-jedi toons (i.e. drain is not relevant). I generally don't use meditate on any build