Register an Account Image - Join our Discord Server Image

Have any questions? Need help with something? Contact us on Discord or check out our Help Forums.

Announcement: We have updated our multiple accounts policy. Please read here and submit the required information if your household plays on more than one account.

Donations are always welcome and help us with the upkeep of the server. Click click here to donate.

we have now added donorbox for those of you who cant use PayPal too. Thank you!

Help us stay #1 and vote for us Here and Come Join Us on Twitter

A look back on 2020

Project Updates, Staff Changes, etc
desporo
Site Admin / Chief Coffee Taster
Great Britain

A look back on 2020

Post by desporo » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:52 pm

2020 has been a year of many changes here at Sentinels Republic. At the start of 2020 we switched to a more powerful server host due to the need to accommodate our continued growth as a community. We had 3981 accounts registered and the number of accounts has more than doubled this year. We now average between 400-600 connections online with over 1000 different accounts logging in December alone.

We changed how we moved forward with our new content. We started with our “Troubles on Taanab” publish, adding almost 40 new locations to explore with new dungeons and encounters along with 400+ new items into the game for you all to enjoy. With Chapter 1.2 we added the Acklay Cavedweller solo instance and updated the SEA removal tool, amongst new weapons, items and changes to some professions too.

Chapter 1.3 was a true highlight for me personally. This marked a huge achievement for the server, firstly celebrating our 3-year anniversary but also this publish was completed by our new look development and infrastructure team. Many of these staff joined us at a time of huge change for Sentinels Republic and they worked tirelessly to overcome several challenges.

Chapter 1.4 brought about some changes to Jedi and Bounty Hunter systems amongst a huge amount of work done by the team fixing Mantis tickets that were outstanding to put us in a better position to move forward. Chapters 1.5 and 1.6 brought us many new items, more content, fixes and much more, which have all put us in a fantastic position to move forward in 2021 and beyond.

We have had many new staff members join us in 2020. I am extremely proud of the amount of time both our existing and new team members volunteer to support the project and to ensure that you all have a positive experience here as players. Our goal, as always, is to provide you all with a chilled space to enjoy SWG. We will continue to work to ensure that Sentinels Republic remains a fair, honest and friendly place to enjoy Star Wars Galaxies. I am amazed at what we are able to do and continue to push the boundaries to extend a game that we’ve all loved for so long.

We are continuing to plan for our future growth. We have just today invested in more powerful infrastructure that will enable us to give you the best possible experience here at Sentinels Republic and safeguard the future so we can continue to push the boundaries further.
I am also pleased to announce that we have promoted Malace to a Senior Dev position. He has worked tirelessly since he joined us and we are already seeing some of the fantastic work he has done come through onto live server with a lot more to come.

I would like to thank all the staff here at Sentinels Republic for all they do, it’s truly appreciated and I am honoured to have such an amazing team, so thank you for all your efforts and dedication to the project. One of the most frequent compliments we receive is about the warm friendly welcoming community here, so I’d also like to thank all of you, the players that contribute to this being such a success. Happy New Year to you all and let us make 2021 even better

Desporo