Register an Account Image - Join our Discord Server Image

Have any questions? Need help with something? Contact us on Discord or check out our Help Forums.

Announcement: We have updated our multiple accounts policy. Please read here and submit the required information if your household plays on more than one account.

Donations are always welcome and help us with the upkeep of the server. Click click here to donate.

we have now added donorbox for those of you who cant use PayPal too. Thank you!

Help us stay #1 and vote for us Here and Come Join Us on Twitter

Fishing competition runs until May 10th 11am BST, 6am EDT, 3am PDT

Official Event Listings and Discussion
Cozdragon
CC Admin
Egypt

Fishing competition runs until May 10th 11am BST, 6am EDT, 3am PDT

Post by Cozdragon » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:28 am

Grab your rod, some bait and settle down by your favourite patch of water.

Categories:
The largest fish
The smallest fish

Place your potential winner on the correct vendor at Coz’s Fish Wholesaler at -1175 -3890 Corellia - Coronet is the nearest starport.

Additional category: 100 word story about ‘the fish that got away’. Add it to this forum post to be in with a chance to win.

A snowspeeder will be awarded for the winner of each category.

Competition runs until: Monday 10th May 11am BST, 6am EDT, 3am PDT
fishing comp april21.jpg

It has been pointed out to me that people may not know how to fish...so I wrote a post...:)

https://forum.swgsremu.com/viewtopic.ph ... 8863#p8863
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sharkwatcher
Junior Flight Officer
United States of America

Re: Fishing competition runs until May 10th 11am BST, 6am EDT, 3am PDT

Post by sharkwatcher » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:46 pm

I stepped down the fish littered beach, and thought the entire galaxy turned out for this contest...but I had the winner swimming in my cooler for sure!

Then I saw a little girl, moving quickly, throwing flopping fish back into the water. I laughed and said, “Little girl! Look at this beach, you aren’t making a difference!”

She smiled as she carefully threw back another fish. “I made a difference for that one,” she said.

I stared after her for a full minute, before I reached into my cooler and threw my prized fish back into the ocean.

Goliath
Midshipman
United States of America

The "fish" that got away

Post by Goliath » Thu May 06, 2021 1:49 pm

It was just a normal SR day when I met the fish that got away. He was a Jedi that ran so fast, I knew my burst run would never last. I popped many parwan and tried my best, but the Jedi kept running while I had to rest. I could hear him giggle to himself as he left me in the Tatooine sand, yelling back playfully, catch me if you can!".
I knew I had lost my mark, that "fish" I would not slay, but perhaps I'll see him again, in a galaxy far far away..

Pugglesworth
Midshipman
United States of America

Post by Pugglesworth » Sun May 09, 2021 9:35 pm

And there lay my Wife's datapad, with a neatly folded letter placed aside.
"I cannot stay here any longer while you play 'Jedi' with your 'Master'."
I know you are doing what you think is right, and I use to believe it was right too. But I can't be alone any longer.
I need someone who can be there for me, That wants to put in as much effort into a relationship as I do."
"If the force is so strong perhaps it will lead you to me, or I back to you."

Yours truly,
The Fish that Got Away

written by Alphadroid. In game mains - Poce/Special
alts - Tyrana/rokra/pata

Good luck everyone may the force be in your favor.

sweetsue
Junior Flight Officer
United States of America

Post by sweetsue » Mon May 10, 2021 2:13 am

I went to the beach to rest after a long day of hunting. I sat down with my fishing pole to try and catch myself some supper. Using my Holocron as bait, I caught several good-sized fish. I started to pack up when I heard something rushing through the grass. As I backed away I saw it. It was a baby Coz dragon. Since I left my weapons at home, I had no choice but to throw my biggest fish at her and run. I passed by Ronald McDonald while crying over losing the costume contest. What a miserable day.

Sherra
Midshipman
United States of America

Post by Sherra » Mon May 10, 2021 3:01 am

Two long lost lovers were fishing their favorite Dantooine river west of the city of Elysium. The female human, Seralyn, was from Tatooine and the male Zabrak, Sandviper, was from Dathomir. Their reunion was years in the making, as they first met 19 years ago as soldiers in the Rebel Alliance. Their duties would have them part ways, but they wouldn’t be too far from each other’s mind. Fate would bring the lovers back together as Sandviper retired to Elysium, Dantooine and Seralyn’s duties would have her posted south along the river in Qtopia.
Seralyn had her favorite spot, a small inlet of land where the fish liked to rest before swimming up river. Armed with her bazaar special fishing pole, 8 pound test line and chum bait, Seralyn quickly set to work to out fish Sandviper (who doesn’t like a friendly competition). She is a cast and reel girl, finding bobber and bottom bouncing boring. All of a sudden, she hooked what felt like a ton of nerf dung and took off downstream. She loosened the tension on her line so the fish could tire itself out. All of a sudden, SNAP. Ten seconds and it was over, though it felt like a lifetime.

Sandviper was fishing upstream, about 50 meters away when he hooked a large black colored fish. He had no trouble at all reeling it in, since he had years of fishing experience on Seralyn. He excitedly showed Seralyn his fish, proclaiming that he had caught a blackfish. However, Seralyn knew her marine biology and knew it was a laa. He pointed out that the fish didn’t have two antenna and it’s lower jaw didn’t protrude, so it must be a blackfish, even though the two fish are close in color. Seralyn pointed out that the blackfish only had 1 lower fin, while the laa had two small lower fins and it was possible that this laa was deformed. Sandviper adamantly stuck to the fact that he caught a blackfish and did not budge from the fact. Seralyn knew that attempting to change any fisherman’s mind on what fish he caught was futile, and that it be best that she let him have this win.

Happy fisherman, happy life.

But for the lover, she knew it was best to focus on the fish that got away.

hunterfora
Midshipman

Post by hunterfora » Mon May 10, 2021 3:42 am

It all started on the planet Mon Cala, where we first met. He was a military commander named Gial Ackbar. His beautiful eyes and fishlike appearance won my heart.

He told me many stories of his loyalty to the Rebel Alliance. As his trust in me grew, he told me of the days of being enslaved by the Empire.

His life story is the greatest fish tale ever told. On that unforgettable night, his orders came for him to serve the Resistance. We both feared it was our last time together. He will always be the Admiral of my heart.
Last edited by hunterfora on Mon May 10, 2021 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sereya
Commander
United States of America

Post by Sereya » Mon May 10, 2021 3:58 am

The Mon Cal Fisherman

Angling they called it, this Nabooian sport. Tools in hand, the Mon Calamari strode briskly to the banks of the River Solleu. The ranger had neglected to explain what he was to catch, so his mind raced - a chuba, perhaps? A gnort? Everything on this planet was so new and strange.

He cast his line - as per instructions - and it wasn't long before he felt a nibble. He tugged and tugged, pulling the mysterious creature closer. As his prize sprang from the water with one final heave, he cried out in horror and dropped to his knees...

...for the face staring back at him was his own.

Cozdragon
CC Admin
Egypt

Post by Cozdragon » Mon May 10, 2021 2:05 pm

Thank you for all your entries. Your enthusiasm has taken me by surprise and I have asked the rest of the team to help judge the stories. The winners for all three categories will be announced on Sunday 16th May.

Coz

Cozdragon
CC Admin
Egypt

Post by Cozdragon » Mon May 17, 2021 5:07 pm

Thank you to everyone that took part and tried their hand at fishing or writing (or both). A huge congratulations to the winners. Would the three of you please contact me to arrange collection of your prize. All fish offered to the vendor will be rejected in the next couple of minutes and left for collection by the owners. I'd also like to thank the staff for their help with judging the stories.

fishing comp winners.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.