Register an Account Image - Join our Discord Server Image

Have any questions? Need help with something? Contact us on Discord or check out our Help Forums.

Announcement: We have updated our multiple accounts policy. Please read here and submit the required information if your household plays on more than one account.

Donations are always welcome and help us with the upkeep of the server. Click click here to donate.

we have now added donorbox for those of you who cant use PayPal too. Thank you!

Help us stay #1 and vote for us Here and Come Join Us on Twitter

Launcher not functioning

BlizzardWolfPK
Midshipman

Launcher not functioning

Post by BlizzardWolfPK » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:22 am

Ok so I've gotten to the point where I can hit PLAY in setting up but the button is blacked out and the loading bar at the bottom (at least I think it's the loading bar I never saw it move) is at 100%. If I hit cancel the PLAY button it will become red but won't work. I've tried the fixes and they don't seem to work for me or I just can't do them because the links are broken or something (basically the download links for SWGEmu.exe and SWGEmu_Setup.exe just take me to a No Internet page while my internet is working fine so that's just confusing). I tried verifying the files but that just makes all the buttons black again unless I cancel it and it never does anything no matter how long I let it go.

At this point I'm just lost for what to do and how to fix any of this stuff. I probably forgot some other things that didn't work but I did try at least most of them.

Any help is very appreciated.

Cozdragon
CC Admin
Egypt

Re: Launcher not functioning

Post by Cozdragon » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:29 pm

My guess would be that it's something related to your permissions - are you definitely running it as an admin?

If you are then it may be a firewall issue - check windows defender etc you will probably have to create an exception and then it should run.

I'll check the swgemu links now.

If you use discord I'd highly recommend joining and asking again there if you still have no luck - we tend to be able to respond faster there.

Coz

jmac991
Ensign
United States of America

Post by jmac991 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:25 pm

I'm experiencing a different issue with the launcher as of this morning.

I cannot enter any numerical characters in my log ID or password. These keys work normally everywhere else, but nothing gets entered in the ID and password fields. I have restarted the launcher several times to no avail.

Cozdragon
CC Admin
Egypt

Post by Cozdragon » Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:58 am

I know that you have restarted the launcher, and I appreciate you are saying it's working normally in other places, however I would strongly recommend a reboot of your machine.

I hate to point the blame at windows but there have been a few updates recently. If that doesnt work come back to us here, or on the discord.

Coz

sillysith
Flight Officer
United States of America

Post by sillysith » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:39 pm

jmac991 wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:25 pm
I'm experiencing a different issue with the launcher as of this morning.

I cannot enter any numerical characters in my log ID or password. These keys work normally everywhere else, but nothing gets entered in the ID and password fields. I have restarted the launcher several times to no avail.
I have noticed that I cannot enter numbers into my login id when using the side keypad. however I CAN enter them when using the regular numerical keys in the top row.

TheFatDaddy
Midshipman
United States of America

Post by TheFatDaddy » Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:32 pm

I did a clean install, checked that it is running as admin, rebooted computer, verified bitdefender wasn't blocking anything and still nothing happens when I click Play. What permissions do I need to check to troubleshoot? Thanks for the help!

Cozdragon
CC Admin
Egypt

Post by Cozdragon » Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:40 pm

What launcher version are you running?

TheFatDaddy
Midshipman
United States of America

Post by TheFatDaddy » Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:24 pm

TheFatDaddy
Midshipman
United States of America

Post by TheFatDaddy » Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:52 pm

Deleted everything and reinstalled and is now working.

Cozdragon
CC Admin
Egypt

Post by Cozdragon » Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:56 pm

Excellent. Glad you got sorted out.

Coz