Register an Account Image - Join our Discord Server Image

Have any questions? Need help with something? Contact us on Discord or check out our Help Forums.

Announcement: We have updated our multiple accounts policy. Please read here and submit the required information if your household plays on more than one account.

Donations are always welcome and help us with the upkeep of the server. Click click here to donate.

we have now added donorbox for those of you who cant use PayPal too. Thank you!

Help us stay #1 and vote for us Here and Come Join Us on Twitter

One launcher for all SWG emu's

Creed
Midshipman
United States of America

One launcher for all SWG emu's

Post by Creed » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:10 pm

So, if this has already been covered then i could not locate it so apologies on a repeated question.

Now i thought i saw long ago a SWG launcher that could differentiate between more than one SWG emu install. I cant for the life of me remember where or who implemented that.

I currently have another SWG emu directory installed that i no longer visit. Is there a way to make that install compatible with this one. Its installed in the programs86 folder so it will have to be moved. I do in fact have the original SWG discs ( i have 2 copies because i ran 2 accounts way back) so making a new install isnt a huge deal but i just didnt want the game installed in two places taking space on the hd if im never planning to revisit the other server.

I was trying to save some time since i had the game installed already, thats all. :)

Tyclo
Admiral
United States of America

Re: One launcher for all SWG emu's

Post by Tyclo » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:40 pm

Hi Creed,
The SWGEmu Launchpad can support more than one login server (connect you to the server), but it cannot patch your client.

All of the custom content on Sentinels Republic requires new game asset file, in order to accomplish that, you need to download our launcher which will patch your installation with the appropriate files. SWGEmu Launchpad can not do this.

Of the base game files, we only use a handful of files, less than 100mb of the 6.5GB installation required to play on SR is from the original SWG game discs. You only need to point your Sentinels Republic Launcher to your old installation to copy over and verify the files from your existing installation, then install to a new directory such as C:/SREmu.

In order to play on different SWGEmu servers, it's required that you have separate installations, otherwise your client (game) will not work as there will be overlapping changes to the assets.

Creed
Midshipman
United States of America

Re: One launcher for all SWG emu's

Post by Creed » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:35 am

Thank you for the clarification.